Tuesday, February 24, 2009

GMAT Round 2

Its done. I did not do well. In fact, I did worse - 650! Last time I got a 680 #$%!

So what happened? I should have done better - especially after studying and improving my concepts and all that...! I could go on about the details of what went wrong, but the bottom line is this: I suck at these timed standardized tests.

Initially, when I saw my score I was quite distressed. Almost felt like the world shook under me (I'm in SF, so it really does shake once in a while :) ). I just got out of the center and walked home (2 hours). Could not get myself to take a cab. Just had to walk to gather my thoughts. While on my way home, I spoke to friends and my wife and in general decided that its not that bad. I still have the 680.

To cheer me up, my wife brought some REALLY good hummus, baklava and fresh pita bread. And it was worth it! It tasted just like the stuff we had back in Jerusalem. Sure helped life the spirits :)

As of now, I'm done with the GMAT. The applications are due in 6 days and I have a lot of essays to write.

3 comments:

Rati said...

I think 680 should do the trick if you are able to portray yourself well in your essays.Someone with lower GMAT and excellent essays is much better than someone with stellar GMAT and sluggish essays.

Good Luck with your application. :)

TotalGadha GMAT
http://www.totalgadha.com/gmat

MBA Monk said...

Thanks, Rati.

You're absolutely right regarding the point on writing good essays. Mine are almost there. Just waiting for some last minute feedback from the reviewers.

P O D said...

Try not to worry too much abt the GMAT now - whats done is done. And moreover, 680 should work with more focused essays...so the real work lies ahead!

Wish you the best of luck with ur app!

Adios.