Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Oh San Francisco!

There was a much publicized war protest around the city today. Initially, I was reluctant to go even watch since there was a company wide email sent out warning against shootings.

I usually get off at New Montgomery and Market and walk to my office, and saw protesters in white flowing garbs and black masks on their head at around 10 AM. By 12 NOON, I was ready to grab some lunch and a colleague and I decided to check out the protest as well.

The protesters had worn orange suits and had black masks on their head. There were LOTS of cops all over - like battalions of them. I did see a couple of people get arrested (not sure for what). There were a lot of people who showed up, like me, just curious.

This is not the first time I've seen this (I mean... this IS SF), but most other times, I've been in a rush to catch the bus or in a car, and thus never really up close.

Here are some photos that I took with my (not so nice) camera phone:


Protesters on Market St. dressed in orange.

Another shot. See the amount of cops.


Just because they do not protest, does not mean they cannot enjoy the sun!



SFPD does deserve some thanks...

2 comments:

Mo Zhou said...

WoW, crazy!

JulyDream said...

Oh my I'm behind on my SF current events. ;) What were they protesting?