Saturday, April 5, 2008

Updates

It's been a while since I've posted, but I really feel like I must post more often. So here's a few updates:

GMAT Status: It's been slow. I really hate this. I hate my own lack of serious commitment. Just because work got busy is no excuse to be slow. I've completed RC and am more than half-way through the Manhattan SC book. It IS really quite good, but at times I feel it lacks explanations, for which I use a book called "Painless Grammar". The combination of these two seems to work out quite well. I've also re-paced myself and instead of setting super aggressive goals on how much I can finish off in a day (and then constantly failing to meet them), I've begun to set smaller goals that are actually achievable on a daily basis.

Work: Ah, this is really ramping up. I had a feeling life would just go on at this end and I could happily bask in GMAT-land. But it's all for the better. I have started working on a brand new project which is going to be a public facing site and so has all sorts of different requirements than I'm mostly used to. Even more fun is, I get to have my own summer intern this year! Am I excited or what! Finally, someone to get me my regular fix of green tea! Now we talkin' business! Jokes apart, I'm really excited about this. I still remember when I was an intern for the first time, almost eight years ago. Time flies...

My manager also let it slip, that if all goes well, he will recommend me to be promoted to a manager! I'm wary of such promises. I've also been considering a few changes career-wise, but maybe that's a post for another day.

Anyway, so the past two weeks have mostly been interviewing candidates, work on the new project, kicking myself for not keeping up with the GMAT.

I really hope this new plan of keeping things simple with the GMAT works out and I'll be able to give the exam before June ends.

That's it at my end for now. Its almost 3 AM. Time to shut up and sleep.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

come on man - get on with the prep - time flies by faster than u think - dont make the same mistakes i did ...

MBA Monk said...

Thanks Oops. I agree. I'm just going to DO IT. BTW, Congrats on LBS!

Mo Zhou said...

I think once you register, you'll have a lot more motivation. :P

fishee said...

man, i completely feel ya on the GMAT prep. work has been taking over my life too and gave me no room/energy to study. and now my GMAT is in 2 days! keep up the hard studying... time will seriously fly~

MBA Monk said...

fishee, Good Luck. you'll rock, I'm sure!

happybunny: I know, my wife has been saying the same thing - take the date and do it. I'll have to seriously consider doing just that.