Thursday, July 31, 2008

The GMAT debacle?

Thank you to every one who wished me luck yesterday. It made my day yesterday!
---
Wrote the GMAT earlier today. Not as horrific as I had imagined in my nightmares but tad disappointing.

I ended up with a 680 - Q47, V 37.

Surprisingly, I thought I totally bombed the Quant (I had only 1.5 minutes left with 4 questions to go) and simply guessed answers. There were a lot of DS questions. Most of the PS questions seemed easy, however I completely stumbled on the co-ordinate geometry ones (there were 3-4 of these and I did not get any on the practice tests). Given my engineering background, its a shame I did not do well on the co-ordinate geomentry, or in general on the Quant.

The verbal was not that bad - or so I thought!. For most of the SC's I could pinpoint the mistakes. But still I expected a bit more on the verbal section.

Overall I'm happy it's done. It's a relief. However, a 680 is not going to get me into any of my target schools, which means I probably need to start hitting the books again. I probably will take it easy for a day or two and figure out a decent strategy in the meanwhile to redo the GMAT - and ACE it this time.

Here's to ROUND 2!

No comments: