Sunday, July 20, 2008

GMATPrep Test 1

Just gave the first GMATPrep Test 1 and got a 710. I am quite happy but looking at my mistakes, there was only 1 question that I did not get conceptually. All the others were silly mistakes. When I re-solved them, I got the right answer.

I got 12 each wrong for Quant and Verbal. However, I feel I could have done tad better in Quant, had I not done the following idiotic things: a) Answer the phone while taking a test. Ya, smart move. But it was the wife :) and b) Take a break... I was feeling cold (SF summer) so went and put on a sweater. This left me with < 10 seconds to solve the last Quant question which I could have easily gotten right. But this is a mock test so I wont have my phone during the real one and will make sure I wear a sweater to the test.

Most of my mistakes in verbal were distributed between SC and CR and 2 RC ones (surprisingly since the RC passages were soooooooooo boring I answered some of them with no interest at all).

With 10 days to go, I still have a chance to give a few more exams and practice some more. Doing the Kaplan 800 at this stage also helps a bit.

2 comments:

fishee said...

you're almost there! chug away these last few days and you'll be done in no time. =) best of luck on the real deal~

MBA Monk said...

fishee: Thanks! Can't wait for it to be over.